Rural Ontario benefits from investments in hospitals, schools and community services
Ontario’s rural communities are the bedrock of our province.
In 2014, you elected us to build Ontario up. Since then, the Ontario Liberal government has supported strong and healthy communities through investments in education, child care, health care and economic growth.
But we need to do more. Rural and remote communities often lack access to important services close to home.
That’s why the Ontario Liberals will help strengthen rural communities by enhancing access to child care, health care, home care and community services, exploring ways to retain financial services in communities and by increasing investments in critical infrastructure. Our plan:
- Will work with banks, credit unions and municipalities to ensure that banking solutions are available across rural Ontario
- Invests $206 million over 10 years in infrastructure in northern and rural Ontario, as part of our bilateral agreement with the federal government
- Is building and renewing hospitals in all parts of the province
- Improves access to mental health care services and for rural youth
- Adds 5,500 personal support workers to Ontario’s workforce to provide more home care, prioritizing northern and remote communities
- Expands access to child care in rural communities
- Improves access to services and supports for survivors of sexual and domestic violence in rural communities
- Overhauls the consultation process school boards use when considering school closures
- Invests $20 million in the Rural and Northern Education Fund to improve education programming in small communities